Sunday, August 8, 2010

Thing #9: Slideshare

Would it be important for students to use Slideshare? If so, why?

Slideshare will be a nice way to share my powerpoints with students. I can post them to my teacher website if students need to review information from class. Absent students might find this quite helpful. I also like the fact that others cannot save or modify the presentation! Also, students can review other student presentations from class using slideshare. This will be a great way for them to go back and review points from teacher or student presentations that they may have missed during class.

The drawback to viewing some of the posted powerpoints from slideshare.com is that the presentation is not always easy to follow without having heard the actual presentation. I don't think this will be helpful for teacher to teacher sharing because we generally just share the actual files. I am attaching a presentation that I came across when surfing around the slidshare website...




No comments:

Post a Comment